Well this is a question that has been answered on many of the dth forums . But most of them seems to be for normal Dishtv users , not the TruHD customers. Thought the procedure is same for all dishtv users , an additional step need to be done to get these channels for TruHD users . So here it is . I am going to start from scratch.
- Press the Menu button on your remote
- Press the left arrow key once to reach the help tab. Here you will find Picture Settings, Guide Settings, STB Info etc.
- Select STB info by pressing the down arrow key
- Now press OK button to get the STB info sheet
- You can see all the Transponder list in this page. Now Press the Red button on your remote to reach the installation menu
- Select Home Frequency and press OK or Red button.
- Now you will be able to see the TP list. Now we have to edit the home transponder frequency. But by default , DishTV doesnot allows you to change this. You might see an edit button on the bottom of screen (blue) , but pressing this won't change the frequency , but will change the symbol rate only.
- So the trick is to type 9 5 2 3 quickly on your remote by keeping the selection on the Home transponder tab
- By default the home transponder frequency is 12688 . Symbol rate 27500 . Polarization Vertical . FEC Inner 3/4 . Please note down these incase you need to go back to default settings.
- Now change the frequency to 12170 . Symbol rate 40700. Polarization Horizontal. FEC Inner Auto.
- Press OK or Red Button .
- Again Press OK to reach the installation menu.
- Now Press Exit . Set top box restarts .
- On restarting , you might arrive on the 33402 Test Channel .
- Nothing to worry. Press Menu button and then press left arrow to reach Help page.
- Choose Channel Search option from it. Press OK to start the search.
- After completion of search , Press Ok to save it .
- STB will restart and now you will reach the 2222 channel SIRASA . All Srilankan and Pakistan channels can be accessed . Enjoy .
UPDATE : Some people says that this doesnot work. But I have checked this myself and is working fine as of today ( 28 / 10 /2014 )
Watch the video for a walkthrough